The Graduate Route

The Graduate route is a new work visa for those who have a degree or other relevant qualifications from an approved UK Higher Education provider. Applications opened on 1 July 2021. 

We set out the main points for the visa below:

  • The Graduate Route is only available to international students who have a valid student visa at the time of application and have successfully completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance.
  • Applicants must hold a valid Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa at the date of application, and they must be in the UK when the application is made.
  • Successful applicants on this route will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK at any skill level for a maximum period of two years if they have successfully completed an undergraduate or master’s degree. PhD graduates will be able to stay for three years
  • The Graduate Route is an unsponsored route, meaning you do not need a job offer to apply for the route. You will be able to work flexibly, switch jobs, and develop your career in the UK as required.
  • Any eligible student who graduate after 1 July 2021, will be able to apply for the route. This includes students who have already started their course. 
  • Applicants are not required to show funds or finance, and do not need to demonstrate English language ability when applying, as they will have already proved English language ability by successfully completing their degree at a UK university.
  • It will include the payment of a visa fee of £700 and the Immigration Health Surcharge at the full rate of £624 per year.
  • Students will need the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number from their current Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa to apply under this route.
  • Dependants already in the UK as a Student dependant may apply as a dependant of a Graduate at the same time the Graduate applies to the route

If you require assistance with applying for the visa, please contact us.

*Please note that all immigration matters are dealt with by Muldoon Britton Immigration Limited (SRA Number: 829759).