Health & Care Worker Visa

Who is this route for?

This route is exclusively for health and care workers who have been offered a job by the National Health Service (‘NHS’), an organisation providing medical services to the NHS, or an organisation providing adult social care.

How do I qualify?

To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

  • Be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional, or adult social care professional.
  • Work in an eligible health or social care job
  • Work for a UK employer that’s been licensed by the Home Office
  • Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • Be paid at least £23,200 per annum, or the going rate for the occupation code, whichever is higher.
  • You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You may need to prove your English knowledge when you apply.
  • You may also need to provide a criminal record certificate, and tuberculosis test results.

For more information on our legal services, please get in contact so that we can provide you with a quote for the same.

Learn More

How long can I stay?

Your visa may last for up to 5 years before it expires. You will need to apply to extend or update your visa before is expires, change jobs, or employer. After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK. This also gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like and apply for benefits if you are eligible.

How much does it cost?

The standard application fee depends on whether you’ll be in the UK for:

  • up to 3 years – £284 per person
  • more than 3 years – £551 per person

The fee is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK.

Unlike most immigration routes in the UK, there is no immigration health surcharge payable for this visa.

You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK unless your employer has certified your maintenance on your certificate of sponsorship.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

  • work in an eligible job
  • take on additional work in certain circumstances
  • do voluntary work
  • study
  • bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements

You cannot:

  • apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
  • change jobs or employer unless you update your visa

If you require assistance with applying for the Health and Care Worker Visa, please contact us for a quote.

Skilled Worker Visa

The Skilled Worker Visa is an easy and efficient way for skilled professionals to work in Australia with a valid visa. The visa offers flexibility and convenience for those who need to work outside their country of origin and is approved quickly and efficiently.

Health and Care Worker Visa

The Health and Care Worker Visa is designed for professionals employed in related health and care services who are looking to remain in the UK beyond the initial period of time.

Get in Touch

With years of experience working in UK immigration and Litigation law, our advisors can help you understand the process and take the right steps toward obtaining your goals. Get in touch today.