Short Term Study Visa

Who is this visa for?

The Short-term Study option in the English language is an independent pathway that allows individuals aged 16 and above to seek admission into the UK for a period of 6 to 11 months. This opportunity is designed for those who wish to undertake English language studies and can choose from either an accredited educational establishment or a course provider with a valid student sponsor license.

An application can only be made by a person outside the UK.

Instead of applying for a visa specifically designed for English language courses lasting less than 6 months, consider opting for a Standard Visitor Visa if you plan to visit the UK for the same purpose.

What are the general requirements?

The course provider must be an accredited institution. The applicant must provide written evidence from the course provider that they have been accepted onto an English language course (that does not include any other subject) that lasts at least 6 months and no longer than 11 months.

An accredited institution must either have a student sponsor licence, or have a valid accreditation and be listed by one of the following:

If you are aged between 16-17 years old, you must have consent from a parent or guardian.

You must also have enough funds to reasonably support and accommodate yourself in the UK, and you also need to take a tuberculosis test if you have lived in a listed country in the 6 months prior to the date of application.

When should I apply for the visa?

The earliest that you can apply, is 3 months before your course starts.

How long will the visa be granted for?

You can stay in the UK for the length of your course, plus an extra 30 days as long as your stay is no longer than 11 months in total.

For more information on our Short Term Study Visas, please get in contact where we would love to discuss how we could help you in your application.

Book Now

Student Visa

This route is for a person aged 16 or over who wants to study with a licensed sponsor on a course of further or higher education, a pre-sessional English course, a recognised foundation programme, or to take an elected post as a Student Union Sabbatical Officer.

Child Student Visa

This route is for a person aged between 4 and 17 who wants to study at an independent fee-paying school in the UK which holds a sponsor licence.

Short-term Study Visa

This route is for a person aged 16 and over who wants to study an English language course in the UK for between 6 and 11 months at an accredited institution.

Get in Touch

With years of experience working in UK immigration and Litigation law, our advisors can help you understand the process and take the right steps toward obtaining your goals. Get in touch today.